Do you want the best for your home? If yes, there’s no need to worry as you can make it happen with a flick of a switch and some tactically placed landscape lights. When done right, outdoor lighting highlights the best features of your home by emphasizing the architectural features and draws attention to your favorite plants and trees. So if you’re looking to make your house and outdoor space look first-rate, here’s what you need to know about outdoor lighting.
Essentials of outdoor lighting
Since outdoor lighting today is low voltage, it’s indeed safer and less costly to install. With a step-down transformer in place, the effects of outdoor lighting are endless. From ethereal moonlight radiating down from a tree canopy to a refined glow that showers all over the garden wall, one can say that lighting scheme is all about artistry.
- Since outdoor lighting normally depends on a stepped-down power from your home, it’s best to familiarize yourself with different fixtures such as the transformer, bulb, fixture housing, stake and the cable.
- If you want the most spectacular lighting, seek the help of a lighting specialist to learn more about the variety of fixtures available and the methods of installation.
- To maintain the upkeep of your outdoor lighting, make sure you keep the fixtures free from leaves and other debris to avoid overheating. To maintain your home’s safety, be sure to replace burned-out bulbs right away so the others connected on the circuit will not be susceptible to voltage overloads.
- When it comes to warranties, outdoor lighting together with the transformers lasts for 1-10 years. This being said, textures made of brass, copper and stainless steel can be expected to shine for an indefinite period of time.
Things To Consider
If you don’t want to work on the outdoor lighting yourself, asking for help from a professional is the right option. But if you’re willing to spend a little of your time and energy to do the work, here’s what you need to consider when plotting your plan:
- Planting beds or a garden
- Trees including the well, bullet or downlight
- Home façade
- Garden walls
- Focal points such as a tree swing, fountain or an arbor
Outdoor lighting is an excellent addition to your home’s artistic design. With a wide array of lightings fixtures to choose from, you can get the extra illumination you want easily. Learning more about outdoor lighting or consulting a lighting expert who can help identify the fixtures best suited to your yard and home is an important step. All the components you need including the list of outdoor lighting service providers are available online.